Love Your Pets Without Loving Pet Odor
Pets bring a lot of joy to our daily lives, as any pet owner can attest to. However, the odors they leave behind aren’t nearly as pleasant as the presence they have in our lives. Whether you’re looking to eliminate the odor stemming from your own pets, or you’ve moved into a home previously occupied by pets, there are a few things you can do.
Reducing Pet Odor In The Home
Pet odor may seem tricky, but it may be less so than you think. Some effective ways to eliminate pet odor include:
- Regular vacuuming – Pet hair and dander are a huge source of pet odor, and even clean pets can begin to leave their mark behind while they shed into carpet fibers. Regular vacuuming removes dirt, hair, dander, and debris effectively limiting or eliminating residual pet odor.
- Change your HVAC filters regularly – Like your carpet, your HVAC filter will capture dander and shed. Changing your HVAC filters regularly ensures that the scents associated with this type of debris won’t be pumped into your home through the air.
- Treat stains quickly – Pets have accidents from time to time, and even the best trained pet will occasionally run into some type of illness or situation that causes an “oops” on the rug or flooring. Treating these stains quickly before they set in also ensures the scent won’t stick around with them.
- Invest in a steam cleaning – In situations where carpets were allowed to be exposed to dander and fur for longer periods of time, getting the scent out might be tougher than a simple vacuum procedure. In these instances, a professional steam cleaning might be your most effective option. Carpets and furniture can be deep cleaned using a professional steam cleaning service to get rid of those difficult odors, and regular annual steam cleanings ensure they won’t come back.
- Keep pets groomed – Regular brushing doesn’t just keep your pets more comfortable, it also cuts down on the pet odor. Brushing gets rid of the excess fur and dander that may otherwise wind up in your carpet fibers or HVAC system.
- Get fresh with baking soda – One of the best quick fixes for pet odor might be right there already in your cupboard or refrigerator. After vacuuming your carpets thoroughly, sprinkle baking soda over the entire carpeted area and allow to sit for around 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, vacuum the baking soda and the residual odors right along with it.
Keeping A Fresh Home With Your Best Friends
Our pets bring joy to just about every aspect of our lives, and it’s not their fault that they’ll smell less than fresh sometimes. By keeping up with regular routine cleaning in your home, and regular pet hygiene, you can keep pet odors at bay for a fresher and cleaner smelling space. With yearly steam cleaning treatments to ensure peak freshness, you’ll be able to enjoy all the wonderful things about life with your best friends without worrying about what it may be doing to the cleanliness of your home.