One of the downsides to homeownership is that when a major issue occurs it is up to you to repair it. With smaller issues, it can often be a simple DIY weekend project. Sadly water damage from flooding is an issue that demands that you act fast and have a professional handle it.
What Goes Into Water Restoration
Water restoration is restoring your home to a liveable, pre-damaged condition after you have had a water problem. With water damage it is vital you act fast, standing water and moisture is the perfect environment to develop bacteria and mold. Mold is toxic to your family and pets.
Depending on how badly damaged the home is, materials like carpet, drywall, and furniture may need to be replaced. These materials include:
The Process Of Restoration
The first step in any water restoration is inspection. Calling a professional to assess the extent of water damage to your carpets, flooring, and walls is vital as they will assess the class and category of water damage. If the water is from a clean water source or a contaminated level of water is better left for the experts to determine.
- Clean Water: The source of clean water damage can be caused by a broken water supply line, a bathroom tub or sink overflowing, or rainwater.
- Gray Water: Also known as unsanitary water may include your dishwasher or washing machine overflowing, a punctured waterbed or if a large aquarium breaks.
- Black Water: Black water contains pathogens and is unsanitary. This includes flooding from streams, saltwater or sewage back up. It is important to keep in mind that in as little as 24 hours of gray water can turn into black water. If your carpet has been damaged by black water, a professional will have to remove it and the padding and dispose of it properly
Professional Water Damage Restoration
It is important that you hire a professional no matter what type of water caused the damage. The following are the top reasons why you should hire a professional cleaner.
- Source of the water: Sometimes the hardest part about water damage is to determine just how much damage there actually is. Water is easily absorbed into the carpets, padding, and subfloor. You need someone experienced to determine if the carpet is salvageable or will need to be replaced.
- Professional Grade Equipment: Another advantage of hiring a water damage professional restoration service is the state of the art equipment they have available to ensure that all excess water and moisture have been improved. This includes vacs, air movers and professional dehumidifiers. It is important to bring the humidity level of your home down to remove the water from the air.
- Quick Response And Restoration: Most water restoration companies will respond within two to four hours of your calling, to help you contain the damage so it does not spread. It only takes one day for mold to start growing. Mold damage needs to be addressed immediately!
- Mold Remediation: The rapid growth of mold and mildew from water damage increases the costs but more importantly is toxic to humans and animals. If you require mold remediation, a professional can deal with it quickly using certain chemicals that if misused are also hazardous.
When it comes to water damage, the professionals at CleanerUs will meet with you within 24 hours to assess your home’s damage and work with you from estimate to filing with your insurance. Water damage is dangerous, call us now.